- Mike has been more than lax on going for two weeks so we are changing that. It’s super important for relationships to support one another. I cannot stress that enough. When your SO eats unhealthy, it’s harder to eat healthy. When they don’t work out, you’ll find more excuses. He promised to help me hustle. Mike also hustles at a brewery all day and he’s losing weight fast so it’s harder for him to go to Crossfit after a day of deadlifting barrels. But, we are sticking with it.
- Coach Carl is off the map again so I am by myself. I am less disappointed this time, though. He gave me the right tools so I just got to use them.
- Monday was Cindy. Today was a ladder workout of 10-1 Clean and Jerks and 1-10 Barbell Push-ups. Seems fast, yeah? You’re doing 45 reps total and let me tell you that last Clean and Jerk was brutal. But, I did it.
- Katy was there today, which was nice. My swolesister. She’s got a new schedule with waitressing but we got together and chatted a bit.
- Diet is back to easy. Once I get over Monday, the rest of the week is a piece of cake. We had chicken and peppers yesterday and then tortilla soup today.
- Speaking of diet the only real challenge is forcing myself to eat. I struggle at weight loss due to two factors. One, I eat like once a day. Two, I drink. One is an easy fix as I have set reminders for myself. Two, is gonna go away for a month in December so I can really see how much it impacts me (Spoiler: I know the answer).
- My plan is to go Renaissance Diet after Midwinter. I have to train myself to eat five meals a day, eat more protein, and workout five days a week. So, it’s getting comfortable with those things before pulling the trigger.
- Breakfast (thanks to Lesley) is now Epic Bars which are literal meat bars. They’re so fucking good, y’all. Packed with Protein. Grass fed. Paleo. Obsessed.
- I got Mike Thug Kitchen’s newest book which is awesome. I love them because they’re vegetarian and healthy but you can easily toss some protein in there.
- FitBit is still rockin’ though yesterday after Crossfit when I hit sync, it erased all of my friggin’ steps for the day. My IPhone knows I did it, at least. Doesn’t mean it won’t stop me.
- On the emotional side of things, this election hit me in the gut last week. I skipped gym time to be with my marginalized friends and support them and I ain’t even mad about it, to be totally honest with you.
- Anxiety is more under control. I lash out less. I am coming to terms with a lot of things. I am letting go. It’s a process but I am getting where I need to be.
So, I have been doing the small meals every day and that seems to be going pretty well! Yesterday, however, I made the largest mistake.
We were out of food. This never ever happens. It was 12 midnight. We caved and got fast food. And mind you, not good fast food. McDonald’s. Which we gave up for seven years but it was the only thing open. Even with a grilled chicken salad, it still made me violently ill.
After being sick all morning, we vowed to never do that again. Never again have bare cabinets or just go to bed starving because why in the hell did we think this was a good idea.
I have had nothing to eat today because I am so sick from that. But, good news with gaining back my appetite. Mike is making green beans and pumpkin wheat ravioli tonight with a killer kale salad.
This month at work, we have to have a coworker make a “morning workout routine” for us. I got Pauline, a yoga instructor. So she designed me a morning salutation workout. I am very excited to do it!
December, I am giving up alcohol. I want to see how drastic it affects my weight loss (I already know this answer).
I am still training for Savage Race. Now with it being colder out, I gotta grab my cardio off the rower.
FitBit continues to go well. My sister is getting way more competitive and my friends are, too! It’s a good time every week.
And that’s about it for today, y’all.