- First and second week of January were dedicated to prepping for a huge convention in Milwaukee. We had a lot of things thrown at us (including, but not limited to – three of our staff members getting wicked sick) so it took me for quite the loop.
- We have had visitors for three weekends in a row so constant cleaning.
- Being a god damn activist. So, we are going to get a little political – so, hold onto your seats. After the election results, my entire heart and mind were confused, lost, and angry. So, I did what I learned I needed to do. Between throwing donations at Planned Parenthood and ACLU, calling my representatives every single day, I ran around collecting letters for marginalized friends, volunteering, creating artwork for #makeartnotwar, and making sure my marginalized friends feel as safe as I can make them every single day, and fighting fascism on the internet.
- Feeling a little down? Anxiety, maybe? I have been completely sluggish (probably due to bad eating and lack of exercise) so we are gonna try this all over again.
Where does that leave our heroine?
Well, I talked to a health-nut friend of mine and I explained that I was hustling hard, eating healthy, and then December hit and I went downhill super quickly. I kept trying but I would slip.
She said, “You’re trying to do too much at once.”
And I always thought doing too much at once was a good thing. You get more done. When it comes to health? You can’t do this. People try to juggle 300 things from nothing and they end up failing because it’s too much. So, slow rolling back into routine and I’ll kick it up each month.
So, I am going to do resolutions/goals by month and not this long string of hopes and dreams that I can’t accomplish in a short period of time. So, revising my list for January, starting tomorrow:
- 10k on my FitBit every single day, not just weekdays. This is pretty easy to accomplish.
- Water intake has got to go back to a gallon. I have a nifty water bottle from Lesley and I just got to use it more.
- Watching what I eat and recording it. Actually having meals and not skipping two to be starving at dinner.
- Floor exercises in the morning and evening.
- If I make it to Crossfit this month, great. If I don’t – I have to do an at home WOD.
- Go back to accountability on Instagram.
- Get 6-8 hours of sleep (This is the hardest thing to do but I am going to try)
Baby steps to get back into routine.
I gotta applaud Nicia who has fallen into a similar boat with me. It’s nice when you can read something and go, “You know what? Yeah. I feel you.” And it’s that level of closeness and understanding of sharing similar situations and knowing that you got each other to lean on. I know I can do this. I know Nicia can do this. I know we’re gonna kick ass together this year and I am really glad the internet brought us together. She’s rad AF.
Tomorrow, we start.